View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
MGordon

Posted and crashed...

If my previous post comes up I am sorry for being repetitive, but my Internet Explorer crashed when I clicked post...

Anyway, if it is any consolation, Lisa tolerated Xeloda better than any other regime she was on, and we used to joke that she tried every letter in the alphabet - at least once!

She never had mouth sore issues with Xeloda, but our previous experience with mouth sores proved to us that Chinese herbs provided the best relief. Lisa did suffer from HFS (hand-foot syndrome) but our onc was willing to adjust dosage levels to overcome side-effects. The real keys to fighting HFS are cleanliness and GOOD lotion. There are several previous posts on good lotions so I wont recap here - just search the posts.

I would recommend you touch base with Sheila - I think she is our #1 Xeloda veteran and she knows how to fight HFS - she might even send Caryn some free flip-flops!

As far as Tykerb, unfortunately Lisa got into the trial too late for us, BUT for the time she was in the trial FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SEVEN YEARS - her tumor markers went down. Not held steady - down. We never saw that on anything else. We hold this deep in our hearts as the bright ray of sunshine for those who can take Tykerb now!

Stay the course. Hold your wife often. Keep us posted constantly.

Love and Light
Mel