View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
Barbara2

I believe her Dr. advised her/them that her present condition of mets is still in an early stage...that what she has is "treatable" and that she could have many more years to live. Metastasis was described as a "chronic" condition that could be treated in much the same was as diabetis, or such diseases of this sort that are chronic. Her Dr. also explained that today we see cancer differently than we did in the past... nothing was presented in a negative light, so they feel they have every reason to press forward.

They were so positive and hopeful, that I don't think they even considered that he would not continue on in his political ambitions. She knows she will have times of being tired, and accepts the fact that she may have to step out of the picture from time to time and get rest.

He said that if at any time she should need him by her side, he would be there, no matter what. They will have millions of prayers said for them, praying for her healling. They've been blessed with a marriage filled with a kind of love that many couples will never realize.

They feel they are doing the right thing. God willilng, Mrs. Edwards will be with her family for a long, long time.

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote