View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #11
Vicki

Elizabeth Edwards for First Lady!!

Gosh, I'm feeling like so many of you who saw Elizabeth and John Edwards on the news today. They carry amazing strength and integrity as they handle these difficult moments in their lives.

I, too, heard she was stage III, but I don't know about her er or her2 status. I did hear her mention many times her doctor's name, Dr. Lisa Cary, is this right? Perhaps, I misspelled the name.

Also, from the way Elizabeth talked, the bone cancer was on her right rear side and asymptomatic and the bone fracture or broken rib was on her left side and not cancer and was caused when she was attempting to move an antique chest and twisted her back and then later was hugged by her husband and they both heard a pop.

I think John summed up the timeline of events in an extraordinary fashion and he was quite frank when he said her condition is not curable, but treatable. I wish Elizabeth the very best in her treatment and her prognosis.

She and her husband are an amazing couple and their children are learning some powerful life lessons from these two shining examples who face situations in such a direct, open and candid way. Even with all the reporters and cameras present, they are so kind and caring and I wish them well.

Vicki Z.
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote