Thread: Her 2 Positive
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:44 AM   #4
Melinda

Chemo or not that is the question

Ismary,
I too have similar pathology. (NO Mast) My ONC stated that if I was 20 yrs older ( I am 54) he would not suggest chemo but would consider Herceptin only. If I was 20 yrs younger he would be adamant about it. So here I sit on the middle of the fence. I opted to fight this with the big gun. Grace summed it up its a decision that only your Mom can make. I even went so far as to have an ONCO test to see how over amplified I was and again it was the middle of the road score of 23. What test did your Mom have IHC or Fish? There area so many well informed sisters on this board! I am a relative newbie just going down this path. I opted for the chemo and this morning will be getting my second treatment. I am sure the others have statistics re: reoccurence etc. This board is one of a kind... easy to use not to mention everyone embrasses you with love and support. I hope even your Mom will post if just for those reasons, as well as you for the same and to help with questions in helping her to decide. The more you know the more empowered you are. THere is so much to digest, its great that she has you to help. There is nothing like the love between Mother and daughter.
Keep the faith
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote