Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #135
Erin

Wow, great idea ;-)

I work for the City of Santa Clarita here in Southen California, north of LA. We are a medium size city in terms of population - 175,000 people, but large in terms of land - 50 square miles. I manage federal and state grants for infrastructure development and affordable housing development. Just before my dx I took on a new project managing the development of an 80 unit apartment building in our newly revitalized downtown. The apartments will be available at reduced rates to moderate income people (here in SoCal that means a family of four making less than $55,000 a year...that is our teachers, firefighters, nurses...) I am hoping to keep up with that project, as it is the first of it's kind in our City...and we really need affordable housing (average older 3 bed, 2 bath house is around $500,000!)

I love my work and have continued as best I can with amazing support from co-workers, staff, and bosses. When I told them about my dx and what it would probably mean for my health and energy levels, they swung into high gear...getting me extra staff, moving some of my more time consuming projects to other staff temporarily, etc. That support has made it possible for me to continue working almost a full-time schedule, with some time off for onc appts, tests, and a few days off after each round of TCH.

I have a wonderful husband and two sons, aged 20 and 22, one in college locally and living at home and one in college in Cleveland. Lately all we talk about is BC :-( but back "pre-dx" I spent a lot of time gardening, seeing movies, and spending time with friends who are all part of a wine-tasting club.
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote