View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Esther

Smile Recovering from surgery....

Here I am 8 days post surgery to remove the lesion in my cerebellum. Yesterday I took my first trip out of the house, to have lunch with a friend at an outdoor cafe. The weather was lovely, and I had a great time.

I feel stronger and better everyday, walking and moving around feels good and I can feel the improvement.

I go in tomorrow morning for PT eval, I will do a short course of 6 weeks of PT. It certainly can't hurt and may help alot. There is a good chance my balance will just come back completely all on on it's own, but a little help will likely speed that along.

I really dreaded this surgery, but to my surprise it has not been the ordeal I had anticipated. At this point I am glad it is behind me and I can continue on my way.

I am anticipating the Tykerb, and hope that it will be of benefit to me, as I qualify for it, my brain lesion qualifies as a progression while on herceptin, so there should be no problems with insurance covering it for me. I am so hopeful that it may help prevent future lesions for me, in combination with the herceptin.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and support. They have really meant the world to me at this time.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote