View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
rinaina

Me and Roz Varon

For those of you in the viewing area of Chicago ABC TV morning news, and for others as well, I have a cute story to tell. Roz Varon, morning traffic reporter, was diagnosed with Her2 positive breast cancer about the same time as me. I have been following her progress all along and it appears that we have been pretty much on the same schedule. She recently ditched her wig as did I. At the ABC 7 Chicago new website, Roz has some video updates about herself and a place where you can email her. So I did just that informing her about my situation, not ever thinking that I would get an email back. Well, she not only emailed me back, but said she was so thrilled to hear from someone who also had Her2+ bc because she hadn't come across anyone with it. She also wanted to talk further so she sent me her phone number and I spoke to her today on the phone. She didn't know about this forum so I gave her the website. We said we would keep in touch to let us know how we each are doing. She has been on Herceptin for 6 months and the two tiny spots on her liver have disappeared. I encouraged her to check the forum out despite her fear of reading bad outcomes or bad things in general. So that is my cute little story. What a hoot. See, this cancer keeps bringing many surprises!
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote