Thread: Xeloda
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
CSheley

Hi Holly!

I just stopped Xeloda due to the side affects and because my cancer continued to progress. My hands are still peeling from the burning sensation and I've had two ingrown toe nails due to the brittle affects on the nails. The worseFrom what I've read, however, my dosage seemed high -- 2,500 in the morning and 2,000 at night for one week then off a week and then repeat. My oncologist reduced the morning dosage to 2000 and that helped.

When the side affects got worse again, I actually felt like I was walking on a bed of sharp nails or on broken glass. We were going to reduce the doage again but due to cancer progression we stopped it completely. I was worried that there were not a lot of other options but my oncologist encouraged me that there are more drug combinations and we'll keep trying until one works.

Someone on this site suggested Balmex, a diaper rash cream. I tried several other creams and lotions but the Balmex worked best for me. Eurcern Calming Cream helped the feet at night. I also used cuticle oil which helped the nails. I did not connect the ingrown toe nails until just recent when the second one occurred within 4 weeks of the other and I've never had any problems before.

This is a great site and I've been a silent visitor for a long time. I pray that the Xeloda works well for you with very little side affects.

Carolyn
CSheley is offline   Reply With Quote