Thread: Xeloda
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Lolly

Holly, I was on Xeloda for a year for my lymph node mets, just switched to Gemzar (am also on maintenance Herceptin) as Xeloda had stopped working to keep the nodes stable. I was on a very low dose, 500mg 2x's daily, but it was quite effective with very few side effects: some tiredness, slight neuropathy in hands and feet, but none of the severe hand/foot thingey. Probably due to the low dose.
PattyZ, a long time member, has been on Xeloda/Temodor for over 2 years now to control her brain mets; here's a link to her most recent post plus if you click on her name and select "Find More Posts By..." you'll get her full story. Hope this helps, keep us posted!

pattyz
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27277

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote