View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
MGordon

Not these specifically...

...but Lisa was ALL about treating this disease "holistically" - combining Western Meds with Eastern, using our Chinese Herbalist and accupuncturist with chemo and rads.

She even was able to get our onc (GREAT GUY) to host a meeting at his office (he even brought coffee, donuts, and bagels) with our Chinese herbalist, guided image therapist, surgeon, accupuncturaist, physical therapist, healing touch therapist, message therapist - I know I am forgetting some - and in the end our Chinese Herbal and Accupuntucture theapist even ending getting hospital privledges (gotta love Boulder Colorado). Altogether the TEAM helped determine her treatment strategy and worked together for this battle.

I also have a very close friend whom initially battled her b/c with ozone therapy, colonics, etc.

Lisa would say to use every weapon in your arsenal, BUT, first and foremost - assemble a healing team that you love and trust and ENSURE they are all communicating. For instance your onc may have very specific reason NOT to want you on Milk Thistle extract and your herbalist needs to know this.

As you research this let us all know what you find, OK?

Love and Light
Mel