Thread: Big Decisions
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #10
kymelody

I kind of have a weird arrangement ..... I am having my treatments (Taxol and Herceptin weekly) using a local oncologist (we live in a smaller town in KY).... my original team would mean traveling over 5 1/2 hours round trip (in TN), which I did during my A/C treatments. I just couldn't do it EVERY week for the 12 weeks of Taxol - did not want my family or myself to have to make that trip. I am just fortunate to be able to only be 5 minutes away from my local treatment facility and the oncologists were gracious enough to work together for me. I will return to Nashville to see the plastic surgeon on April 19th and my breast surgeon April 20th, which is also the date of my last treatment. My oncologist indicated they could do surgery as soon as two weeks after the last Taxol treatment.
I guess everyone wishes they had a crystal ball to show our future to make those "big decisions" easier and to know that we made the right ones.
Some days I am like "take it off - who cares" ..... then there are the days the lingerie catalog comes, and I just want to forget I have to even think about it .... I am such a girlie girl ~ and a sucker for the vanity of society !
5 cm tumor
Lumpectomy 11-1-06 (margins not clear)
er/pr- Her2+++
13/27 lymph nodes
4 dd A/C completed 1-12-07
12 Taxol completed 4-20-07 + Herceptin 1 yr
Mastectomy 5-15-07
38 Rads Begin 6-13-07
Completed Herceptin 2-08
kymelody is offline   Reply With Quote