View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Margerie

Chelee,

I just hate what insurance companies do to patients. I have been very lucky in that respect. I had horrible treatment after one of my surgeries at a local hospital and raised holy hell about it. But, bottom line is they (the hospital) don't want the bad feedback- but they want the $$$ more.

Anyway, back to you- do you have an insurance agent/hr person or have read your policy very well? Seems to me if you are unable to go to that cancer center and there is not another for 50 miles or whatever- that you should be able to go out-of-network for your care. I know they have ridiculous "enrollment periods", but there should be room for exceptions. Your insurance company got you into this mess in the first place and you were offered sub-standard care. THEY SHOULD go out of their way , for liability reasons, to accomodate you. But will they? I know you have not had much luck on the insurance end- but I would explore every little detail. THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

And I am so sorry that on top of cancer you have to deal with this crap- it is an emotional ordeal to say the least. I hope you get some answers soon.

Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote