View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Chelee

Shelia, At this point no matter what happens I would have to go else where because this place *hasn't* given me the standard of care since day one. They promised to do all kinds of things but they NEVER do! So now I imagine the simple mastectomy and ooph I had scheduled won't happen. This HAS to be illegal. I dread ALL the calls I am going to HAVE to make yet again. Plus I will call the ADA also as I feel since I am disabled...I am being discriminated against. There is no way with my history I can travel that far and they SHOULD know it. Its all in my medical records.

I haven't contacted the Attorney General yet. Thanks for that idea. That might get someones attention. I sure appreciate your help Shelia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLTann, I am in a heavy populated area. In Orange County. I do have paper work and documentation now that I did not have before so hopefully I can get help this time? I need to find someone that can intervene on my behalf...because no one on this earth deserves to be treated this way. Obviously they get away with this all the time because people are to sick/ill to deal with this. Which that's how I feel...but there is NO WAY I can just forget this. I did get a big packet of information from the "Cancer Legal Resources Center" yesterday. What GREAT timing. It had a few numbers I have not contacted yet. So I will be very busy on the phone Monday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brenda, Another good idea...I havent' contacted my congressmen yet either...but I really did NOT think they would go this far. Not after all they have done to me and I CAN prove it. I just dread this because all this just sucks the life out of me. The bc fight is enough...then add this to it...its all too much.

Thanks to all of you for caring and your much needed support. I feel so alone at times. I can't thank you guys enough.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote