View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #19
Kaye

I was her2+++ with IHC. I didn't have FSH test. My husband and I spoke with 2 of the pathologists about a month or so after my dx. They remembered my case very well because it was supposedly 'unusual.' I was told that if there was any doubt they would also give FSH test; however, both said they were 100% sure I was her2+ At that time they had only been routinely testing for Her2 for about a year. My surgeon told me that since they began the testing that I was only her 3rd patient (in a year) that had tested positive.
I had been rejected from clinical trial for Herceptin for early stage bc because I also have M.S. I was fortunate that my onc. allowed me Herceptin since I was not clinically dx'd stage IV. However, after getting a couple of 2nd opinions I am not so sure that I wasn't stage IV--at least in the earliest part at time of dx. I had at least 3 different types of aggressive b.c. with lymphovascular invasion, and I had elevated tumor markers--both CEA and CA 27-29 at time of dx. In addition I had a lesion in my liver--never quite identified. There were also alot of enlarged retroperitoneal nodes with the largest measuring 2.5 cm at its greatest width. There was alot of other stuff going on as well.
Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote