View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 AM   #12
Mary Anne in TX

Thanks so very much everyone . . . and for the suggestions for what to put on it! I'm doing good so far, a bit itchy at times, but I have stuff for that. As I waked this morning, I was internally gearing up for getting to treatment until I realized I didn't have to go! You know, it's the strangest feeling about finishing each type of treatment. I count off the days, stay focused on getting to the end and when the end comes I'm so excited to be done, but also it becomes harder and harder to leave the people who give so much to take care of me. I got so many wonderful hugs yesterday from the three radiation nurses/technicians who had taken care of me all these weeks. They were so careful with me and blessed me with such kindness that it made things so much easier. I will miss them. And it makes me think that at the end of June I will be stopping my every 3 weeks trip for Herceptin. I so admire and appreciate all the people who are making this journey as easy as possible and filled with loving care. I want it over and I also dread the day I leave them all. Love & thanks to you all, mary anne

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote