View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Nguyen

Back in 97 when my wife was first diagnosed, we used CCDRT with Dr. Weisenthal group. Unfortunately we used it after her first chemo combination, CAF, which did not work well. CCDRT predicted that CAF has 20% chance of working, and taxane or navelbine had 80% chance. Both turned out to be true in my wife case. There're data for other combinations as well.

The process was not difficult, although we didn't have a large chunk of tumour, so we couldn't test all combinations available at that time. Dr. Weisenthal was frank and easy to talk too. Wish I listened to him regarding to high dose chemo (HDC) with stem cell rescue. HDC data were bogus, falsified by a researcher.

Anyway, one can think of CCDRT as an "ultra high level gene test", yet more encompassing, since the chemo are tested directly against the whole of your tumour cells. Without restating both the fore/against arguments, I think if one approaches CCDRT by using the highest percentage combination first, then it'd be o.k. Additionally, where data (direct gene data predicting chemo effectiveness) are available, if one can correlate these data with CCDRT data, then more confident in both methods can be realized.

-----------------

Linda's treatment history:

01/2005 - current: Herceptin and Femara
07/2004: It returned again via several small nodules in the lung
10/2002: NED (via CT and CA27.29)!
10/2001 - 01/2005: Femara, (Fosamax)
12/2000 - 10/2001: Herceptin and Navelbine
12/2000: lung metastatic was diagnosed (a few small nodules)
02/1998 - 12/2000: Daily Tamoxifen
05/1997 - 04/1998: Modified Radical Mastectomy, many many cycles of chemo regiments (CAF,Taxol, Carpoplatin, Thiotepa, Navelbine, Taxotere), including HDC, and radiation
05/1997: First diagnosed with BC stage 3A (7cm 9/13 nodes) , ER+, PR+, HER2 +, poorly differetiated, nuclear grade 3.
Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote