View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
sabpri

I was in the same boat as you, and did same chemo

I can't beleive how totally stupid some of these OB's are. I had the exact same thing. Went to OB with a painful lump in April 05. Told me it a blocked milk duct from nursing my twins, BC didn't hurt, I was too young (36) and no family history. I left and didn't think about it again until it blew up in August. I thought I had an infection. Long story short, I had a 7cm Tumor and 2 smaller ones, plus 7+ lymoh nodes. I did chemo first to shrink the monster and then double mastectomy. I did 4 AC and then Top Onc here said the most aggressive treatment would be Taxotere, Carbo and Herceptin. They had me do it weekly for 12 weeks. It was very, very tolerable and I really didn't have a lot of problems. The worst was my taste buds went away and everything tasted like rubber. I knew when I thought Chocolate tasted bad I hit rock bottom! It did all come back (as I am sitting here eating a chocolate bar!),

Since I responded so well, we went to surgery after 9 weekly treatments were done. I still needed to finish my treatments, so I asked my Onc if we could just do one big dose, the 3 week dose, instead of 3 more weekly doses, so I could just be done with it. She agreed and man was I sorry that I did that. What was left of my eyelashes and eyebrows came out, I was really sick and could not get out of bed for 3 or 4 days. Maybe you could ask if you could try it in smaller weekly doses.

Feel free to e-mail me if you need to talk further.

You take care of yourself!
Natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote