Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
caya

Hi Kathy (from a fellow Canuck - Thornhill, Ontario)

I was diagnosed in October 2006 - 1.7 cm and 1.0 cm tumors - stage 1, grade 2, ER+/PR+ HER 2+, 16 nodes negative - I had a MRM mastectomy on Dec. 18, 2006, and had my first chemo on Jan. 25, 2007. I am being treated at Mt. Sinai Hospital in Toronto with FEC-T, ( 3 rounds of FEC, every 3 weeks, then 3 rounds of Taxotere every 3 weeks), then I will be on Herceptin for a year, again once every 3 weeks. May be getting Tamoxifen as well. I am 48 years old and did not question getting chemo etc. You want to fight this monster with everything you've got - HEr2+ is a more aggresive cancer, but we early stagers now have the benefit of Herceptin to fight it, with wonderful results in trial reports recently published.
I've had 2 rounds of the FEC so far, side effects not too bad - some nausea and weakness the first 3-5 days after the treatment, some neuropathy after the second treatment, and of course the hair loss - I feel the chemo is doing its job. I guess you would be treated in London- my daughter is a Western there in 3rd year. I know they have terrific medical facilities there.
Please keep us posted.

All the best
Caya
caya is offline   Reply With Quote