View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #20
Jean

Janet Great Idea :-)

Hi,

Will soon complete my 1 yr. of herceptin (two more to go). My signature and
treatment profile is listed below. Prior to dx. I would have a yearly digtal
mamagram. Had my yrly Ditgtal Mamo in 9/04, seven months later I began to have a a pain and ache deep in my right armpit. It continued for over a week so I contacted the dr. who does my digtal mamo and she told me cancer does not hurt. I went in for another digital mamo and she found a 6mm tumor.
Since dx. 3/05 I now alternate between a digtal mamagram and MRI every 6 months. After lumpectomy I was concerned that there could be additional tumors that could have been missed. I decided to have an MRI 3wks. after lumpectomy to confirm status of both breasts. I then had CT/PET scans to insure that there was no cancer anywhere else. Dr. are following and tracking a small 5mm nodule on my right lung which they believe has nothing to do with bc dx. I had broncular pneumonia twice and it could be scarring from the broncular pneumonia (I sure hope so). It has been stable. The dr. did not recommend additonal treatment in view of the tiny size of my invasive cancer which was 3mm - no angiolmphatic invasion. The DCIS was predominantly cribriform type with necrosis, well differentiated. The more I researched and learned about her2 cancer the more concerned I became. My nodes came back negative but there was the possiblity that a T cell could travel through the blood system. I requested the Oncotype DX test. This was considered new to my onc and dr's., the Oncotype was not part of their bible. I still requested the test. I waited for over a month only to find out the Dr. did not send the sample out as requested. I was very annoyed that the dr. did not do as I had requested, I changed oncs. When I did get the test results back and the recurrance score was high risk I flew out to Calif. to see Dr. Slamon. He advised chemo/herceptin. He felt my dr's in NY had "missed the boat" unfortunately I was on that boat!

Through all of this from the first pain and ache in my armpit to the voice
in my head telling me to continue to search (thank god I found this forum)
I know that the presence of God has been protecting me and watches over me.

God Bless All Of Us.

Age 54
Annual scans NED
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.