View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
Emelie

Tricia,
Sorry you are having a bad time of it. I just completed #6 of 12 treatments of Taxotere and Herceptin. I go weekly and this seems to have been a good choice for me. I get some reaction to the steroids the day after treatment with a flushed, red face. Energy level pretty good this day. I am however, constipated for seveal days afterwards. I drink water constantly and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I also have a protein shake every day. The bone aching is bad on day 2 and 3. My aching is primarliy in the rib cage area. I take Ibuprofen for that. It seems to help a little. I am having issues with my eyes tearing a lot. Went to an opthomologist yesterday and had the tear ducts flushed with saline solution and he gave my some steroid drops to take for 7 days. I also have a constant runny nose.
The good side is the tumor is no longer palapable, so I am more than willing to put up with these side effects and carry on. I am scheduled for a modified radical masectomy in April after I complete all my chemo. Then radiation.
This journey is not an easy one by any means. I take it one day at a time and make the most of my good days and try to focus on the positive outcome that awaits me at the end of all this.
Good luck with your treatments and keep writing with questions.
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote