View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
skeetur

Are you taking femara? Are you taking calcium supplements?

Some of the AIs reduce bone calcium levels and that could increase blood calcium level, I would think.

I had high (above the normal range) calcium levels for quite a while pre-breast cancer. I had an adenoma (tumor) on one of my parathyroid glands. The adenoma was causing overstimulation of my parathyroid gland which caused more parathyroid horomone (PTH) to be given off causing my calcium levels high - calcium was being pulled from my bones. I have osteopenia because of it. I had the adenoma removed a year ago - they are 98% benign and mine was nothing.

Coincidentally I've had problems with alkaline phosphate too. Mine is bouncing around but I believe it is because I take so many vitamins. I had gastric bypass surgery and have to take quite a few supplements. Been trying to tweak them to see if it helps the level. Even tylenol can affect liver enzyme levels. Lots of other meds can effect liver enzymes and YES lipitor can cause them to be off!

Hope all is well.

Skeetur
01/23/2007 Re-excision Lumpectomy: No clear margins on the DCIS; mastectomy recommended
03/02/2007 Bilateral mastectomy w/ expander implant insertion
03/19/2007 Emergency surgery to fix broken blood vessel in left breast
03/30/2007 Met w/ oncologist; oncologist checking on HER2 status with pathologist and doing some consulting on my case - no treatments for now!
05/02/2007 Next appointment w/ oncologist
skeetur is offline   Reply With Quote