View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
sassy

DNG

I too was diagnosed at 45, triple positive with 5 of 14 positive nodes and followed basically the same treatment path as your wife. My onc started me on Arimidex following rads, adding Lupron at the same time for ovary suppression. This was in November 05. I continued on the Lupron shots every three months until December of 06, when my Estrodiol (sp) levels began to rise. We have switched to monthly Lupron to see if that will maintain suppression.

For several reasons, neither my surgeon nor my onc wanted me to have my ovaries removed initially. My surgeon is now OK with it, but my onc feels remaining on Lupron would be more beneficial. He reported to me that he had learned at San Antonio that there were some studies underway that indicate Lupron may have added benefits for HER2+ women in terms of recurrence. This is a subject I will discuss with him again at my next visit and hope to have more information.

Neither my onc nor I ever considered tamoxifen as a alternative, and I would urge you to research the benefits of AI's for HER2+ women. You should be able to find information using the Search function on this site.

I hope your wife is doing well and I wish you both the best. You will find much information and support from the members of this site.
________
Volcano Digital Vaporizer Review

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:08 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote