View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #20
Chelee

Ann, I am sure all onc's are different and do things their own way..but I did ask on another board how often their onc exam them? I got alot of replies. Most all of them got examied at each and every appt. A few women were making jokes that they were getting *felt up* more then when they were dating. lol But seriously...some say they not only get examied by their onc, but their surgeon & GYN. Everyone said i need to change onc if they aren't examing me. There were a couple women that said they only get checked at the 3 month exam. (Which even that would make me happy.)

All I know is I could not find one person that said they weren't examied in a year by their onc. My Mother goes to the same place I do. She was DX with advanced lung cancer recently. She has this new guy that started there. He spends time with her...exams her at EVERY visit...talks to her about all her concerns...and EVEN shakes her hand when she comes in. The only exams I have gotten is when I ask my surgeon too. Thank goodness he will. It gives me some peace of mind.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote