View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
Andi

I had a pleural effusion to my left lung last December. I had thorascopic surgery. They found 2 small lesions in my pleural cavity. They performed a talc pleurodesis to close the space where my fluid was collecting. I had a drainage tube for several days after my surgery until things began to heal. When they tested the tissue, they found I was no longer hormone positive but was still Her2 ++. I began weekly infusions of Navelbine and Herceptin January 4. I had a one month check and it showed my lungs were clearing and my blood tests looked ok, too. Last week when I went in for my weekly infusion, my leukocytes were low and they reduced the amount of Navelbine. I have been feeling pretty good with this course of treatment and hope that I continue to respond to it. I no longer have any shortness of breath, even with some exertions. I was told there are many different things that can be used and if you are hormone positive, it is my understanding that is one of the first tools that they use. Good luck to you in your treatment and keep us posted.
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote