View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
KellyA

Hi Kat,

I can completely relate to how you feel. I am the only woman in a house of five myself (we have three boys), and I was outnumbered and "misunderstood" before cancer, let alone now. My hubby has been my hero through all of this and my boys all pitched in to help, but I have noticed that since treatment is over, and now that I am looking a little more like myself, that they think everything is back to normal. Even my co-worker, who is like a sister to me is frustrated with the new me. I was always very quick and on top of things, and the one who kept everything in order and now I am like a senile, confused, aching, slow little old lady. She keeps saying, "what's wrong with you Kelly....."
Geeeee... I WONDER...... maybe it was the six months of getting poisoned, or the two months of frying......or the fact that I have been completely traumatized.....

While we are venting :-) , let me add one more thing. You know that annoying reference to "must be that time of the month" every time a woman is crying or angry? Well now that that doesn't apply anymore (chemopause- I don't dare let them know THAT word exists!), now its "Honey, have you been taking your Lexapro???" Can you believe it?! Men are pathetic. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote