View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Sandy H

I hear you!!!!

They just don't understand. Its normal what you are going through. I have the same problems. It does get frustrating and I feel at times what you feel. An example for me was just the past four days. I am in Florida and we just spent 4 days in Mississippi. Drove into New Orleans to see some of the hurricane damage. Well, I could not read the map and keep up with my husband driving-I was so slow at finding the streets. The map we had, was small, the streets were in fine print so had to use a magnifying glass because of vision problems from chemo. Many streets were one way and so we rode around the city three hours trying to get to the bus where my husband wanted to take the disaster tour. Guess what we missed the tour and so I felt bad because it was my fault I couldn't read the map, look at the signs, and tell him when to turn. He was very upset, hallowing at me saying all I had to do was read the map and tell him to turn right, left or go straight. I just could not do it. After it was all behind us and we were waiting to take the city tour he showed me the map and said its this easy this is what you do. He said I don't listen. How do you tell them, you listen, you hear, but you you don't comprehend it? So if anyone asks us how our trip was to New Orleans I will simply say it would have been better if the driver could have read the map and drove. Don't feel its your fault that is what I have to keep telling myself its not my fault my brain is chemical killed!! Cancer isn't the only issue here there are lots of others. I am sure you will hear from others. Don't get me wrong my hubby is a wonderful person and would do anything for me but for him to understand some of the things we go through when he is under stress, such as driving in lots of traffic, with one way streets coming at him, and meeting a time line really upsets him. Sending you a big hug, that is why we are here on this board. Right?? Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote