View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
R.B.

DHA (long chain omega three) is reported to ease dry eyes.

Omega three is reported to help with cracked skin.

I have been asking for a long time if Herceptin somehow interacts in the synthesis of long chain fats. IF it does an impact could be a shortage of long chain omega threes..........

Please use the search button above and look up omega three and six if of interest.

Please do talk to your medical advisor about changes of fat intake.

RB

http://borntoexplore.org/omega.htm
ABSTRACT

"Other parts of our bodies also need Omega-3 fatty acids. Symptoms of fatty acid deficiency include a variety of skin problems such as eczema, thick patches of skin, and cracked heels. In the fall of 1998, after reading about the Purdue study which associated fatty-acid deficiencies with learning disorders and hyperactivity, I began to give my six-year son a tablespoon of Barlean's Flax Oil each day, and I took the same amount myself (mixed with yogurt). Flax oil is extremely high in Omega-3's. I also reduced our consumption of trans-fats and increase the amount of olive and canola oil in our diet. After one month, the incurable eczema located on the back of my son's legs vanished, and it is still gone as of this writing (5/99). That eczema had not responded to diet changes, cremes, or allergy medication, and he'd had it for years, so bad that he would scratch it until it bled and caused him to lose sleep. Then, during the next three months my cracked heels slowly improved until they too were cured. Like my son's rashes, my cracked heels had not responded to any type of treatment for several years, even though I tried lotions and pumice stones to thin the skin. Today, they are fine. I can only imagine what the fatty-acid deficiency we clearly both had had was doing to me and my son neurologically, and I am grateful to have learned about it."
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote