View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Bad reaction to herceptin..help please?

I went in yesterday to get my normal weekly dose of Herceptin and as soon as I got up from the chair, my right arm started hurting terribly, the side of surgery (I have a port on my left side). Then I got these awful shooting pains through my back. I have to tell you I was in terrible pain, My oncologist said that I was having a bad reaction to the Herceptin and that it can happen at any time. To take benedryl and tylenol. I've been on Herceptin for 15 months now with only the headache problems, never had this type of reaction. Then later that night I started running fever of about 102 and the body aches were all over. I'm still that way today, fever comes in and out, I still ache terribly. So now I don't know if I have the actual flu or just a bad reaction to the herceptin. I haven't gone back to the doctor because I really don't feel like getting out the bed. Just wanting to know if any of you have ever had this, especially the arm totally going out..I can barely lift my right arm. At what point should I drag my butt out of bed and go to the ER. I'm just really kind of confused, I hope like heck this is not how I'm going to start reacting to the herceptin. I even asked if they gave me the 3 week dose by mistake and they said no...my normal dose. Sorry if I'm rambling, I feel like that bus has totally ran over me, backed up and come at me again...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote