Thread: death
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #11
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Havah!

Sometimes this cancer thing is really the pits! I spent a lot of the first year in fear that it would spread, that I would die, that no one cared, all kinds of stuff! I have just decided to believe in out running this thing by thinking positively, having faith in God and my great doctors, and just living each day as it comes.

I have this silly thing called "dolphin moments". One morning when I was particularly down and depressed, I looked out the bedroom window (we live on a canal) to see a dolphin swimming back and forth. I got so excited! I raced downstairs to get a better look. My depression was gone. One of God's little critters had stolen my heart! It was the first time I saw a dolphin in the canal. Since then it has happened a couple of more times. (They usually stay out in the bay) The next time there were 5 dolphins and they stayed right behind my little condo fishing for about 5 minutes. I was in heaven.

After that first incredible time with the dolphin, I noticed that God was providing "dolphin moments" each day. Sometimes it was a call from a friend with some good news or just a warm hello. Sometimes it was a few minutes on the phone with one of my grandchildren. Sometimes it was a sweet song on the radio or a movie on TV that touched my heart. I began to pay closer attention to those "dolphin moments" each day. Kinda - "stop and smell the roses" I guess! It has really worked for me.

May today be a dolphin day for you. May God bless you with some of his amazing creatures or creations that can lift you out of the blues. Lots of love and hugs to you, ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote