View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
KathyA

Thumbs up Brain Mets

Dear Michelle, don't know a thing about xeloda but I too found out about brain mets on Dec. 28, 2006. Today I have my sixth radiation (WBR) treatment. I am only having 10 rounds though. Thank God. I am finding them difficult except today is the mildest headache I've had. I have 12 lesions ranging from 2mm to 22mm. My onc also said that wbr was best because there are probably lesions that we can't see. I have blurred vision and some imbalances. I thought that I might have a lesion or two because of the symptoms but I sure was surprised with 12 even though they are small. I was diagnosed first in Feburaty 2003 and then mets May 2005. I have bone, liver, lung and now brain mets. What a trip. I've been on some kind of chemo every week for the past year and a half. The last two treatments Gemzar and Navelbine didn't do anything positive not even stable. However, and this is big, I don't feel badly, that is sickly. I am truely blessed. The radiation has for the first time, though, made me feel like I have Cancer. But only 5 more treatments counting today. Sure hope thing go well for you. I willbe praying for you and the rest of the crew on this site.

Love Kathy A
KathyA is offline   Reply With Quote