View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Sandy H

Michelle, I have a question. I see from your profile you are Her2- then why are you getting Herceptin???? It is for Her2+ patients. Is this your oncologist idea. I had a friend who's doc wanted to put her on Herceptin and hormones and she was negative for both. She went for a second opinion at Dana Farbar and was told no reason to take either she was negative. Her doctor said he felt it wouldn't do any harm for her to take these drugs it might help!!! Dana Farbar said no sense in putting any drugs not necessary in the body as they all have side effects. I hope I haven't opened up a can or worms here but I was just wondering. You may want to check this out. I am surprised your insurance will pay for it however, my friend's insurance was going to pay. Some things I don't understand with these insurances. Wishing you well and sorry to hear about your mets. hugs, Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote