Thread: Port to stay in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
KellyA

I may be clueless and wrong, so please please correct me if I am, but I am a stage 2b with 3 positive lymph nodes, vascular invasion, and er/pr- as well as Her2 +, and I have been given an 80+% chance of beating this disease. As much as the other 20% scares me to death (and its something that I deal with alot), the fact of the matter is that I have a very good chance of winning this fight. My onc. is the same way about ports, and prefers to leave them in for a bit, just to make sure- and I am going to leave it in for a little while after my Herceptin is finished, but then it is "Adios! Hope to never see you again!"

Everybody in this thread has the same or better chances. My new motto is, "live like you won, not like you lost". I'll deal with setbacks as they come, and if that means putting another port in down the road, then I will. Hopefully that day will never come. This site has given me so much more optimism about my disease and thanks to you all, I will never look at life the same. :-)

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote