View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #6
tousled1

Kevin & Sue,

Well, Sue is right on track. She will be very tired for a few days. As everyone else has said make sure she drinks lots of fluid. Each A/C treatment I got I had a different craving for what I wanted to drink so if that happens just go with the flow. I'm glad Sue is not nauseated. It makes you feel like you have a sleeping sickness. I know when I was getting my A/C I had absolutely no appetite. I ate a lot of chicken rice soup (not noodle) and jello. I could not eat any spicy food at all. And yes, it does have a cumulative effect. I'm glad to see that they gave her a shot to keep her white blood counts up. By the time the next treatment comes around she may have low red counts as well and if she does they will give her a Procrit shot the day of chemo. It's very hard to go through chemo but she has her fist one under her belt. I know that I just kept thinking when will this be over! I was so happy when I reached the half way point. Sue is so fortunate to have your wonderful support. Tell her to hand in there, it will get better.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote