View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
Her2nSue

Unhappy

Hi

I can certainly relate to your concerns about feeling winded with herceptin. I had been on it for almost 9 months, when I started feeling as though my chest was wrapped in a tight terniquet. I felt winded coming up stairs or if walking at a fast pace. Even slow dancing (at a wedding), took all the fun out of what used to be fun to do. I still feel fatigued. My last Muga showed I was down to 48, gone through EKG's, CT scans and a left heart catherization (sp?). Now I have a new man in my life, a cardiologist. My onc. has signed off with just keeping an eye on me every 3 mo., but he has said he's not going to continue the Herceptin and the cardiologist was in agreement. So, I too hope that the dosage that I had received of Herceptin has done the job. My arteries looked nice and clean, so they had ruled out my effects were not caused by blockage. Mild heart damage from chemo is the final ruling. They have put me on lisinopril, coreg and a lasix pill. The cardio. said they will increase the mg's of the coreg as much as my body will tolerate. It helps weak hearts. I suggest that if you are feeling winded, wereas you weren't before, push that issue with your onc. ask for more tests (EKG or Ecocardiagram) the second one I had which helped the cardiologist and onc. to realize that my heart was weak.

Good luck and let me know how things are going.

Sue
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote