Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
Her2nSue

Staring the new year w/optimism

Hi Ladies,

Enjoyed reading your posts. Mary Ann, I don't believe that they are going to put me back on Herceptin to follow out my "year" of infusions. Nothing either doctor said implied that I would have a chance to continue after resting my heart.

Hopeful, I would enjoy reading the findings you have concerning this, too. I was told about the chances of Herceptin hurting the heart and I was even more concerned because I do have a mitro valve prolapse condition on top of all this. But with the oncologists thoughts of it doesn't affect everyone the same way and that heart trouble is one of the higher risks they keep an eye on, so try not to worry. On with Herception and the rest of all the chemo that we go through. What a position to be put in. Inbetween a rock and a hard place. Being her2neu 3+, es/prg +, and this fish test coming back with 9.7, I certainly didn't want the cancer to have much of a chance to come back. Now we just wait and see.

I had mentioned to the oncologist that I had read on this site that there are women out there that have been on herceptin alot longer than the one year that they prescribe around here and his response was, well, that's over in europe, we don't believe that it's necessary to keep a patient on herceptin any longer than a year. Soon, he says, we might find out that just having herceptin treatments for 3 months would be just as efficient. And I see that, there in Seattle you've been on for 3 years. Wow.

Nice hearing from you all & I too wish everyone a heart healthy new year :-)

Sue
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote