Thread: down
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Joy!

I just finished Navelbine and Herceptin. My CATs are clear but my CA27-29 is still up, not as high as it had been but up. When I saw the doctor 1 1/2 weeks ago, he patiently listened to my fears and then went through my chart with me to show me that my markers had been up before. He said that he had people who's markers never went all the way down again, but who did great! As always, he told me there are no promises, but that he was really thrilled with the disappearance of the places on my kidney and that he was very hopeful and pleased with where I am. I just decided to ride the wave of "GOOD" for now and expect the Herceptin to keep things in check for now. He did tell me that he would put me on another targeted drug after Herceptin ends in June. He's very aggressive with my treatment and I love it.
Why not take a little break from worrying with me and we'll just enjoy the good news for now! My brain just needs a "stress break"!
I do understand your worry and know my words can't take it away, but I hope you'll find some much deserved peace and happiness to begin this new year! I'm believing we'll have more good news and the researchers will continue to bless us with new drugs!
Much love,

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote