View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #8
RhondaH

Smile Thank you ALL

for your input. Becky, Tony DOES love school and YES, I DO have an understanding employer, but after reading that "Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff designated the funeral a national special security event." and that Rumsfeld is one of the pallbearers as well as Cheney, Carter (not sure of either of the Bushs' at this point) etc will be here AND that they are inviting the public to be part of the procession from the airport to the church (they are closing the highway and my JOB is literally at the end of one of the runways), I've decided that I am keeping him home. I know it was suggested that I talk to the other working parents, but he goes to a private school and "literally" I am the only full time working mother in the class (the others are stay at home or work part time). I know this is a big event and I have thought of taking Tony to the museum when he comes to lie in state, but the night after it was announced he had passed away, he and I went down to the museum and put flowers out by the sign (little traffic as of that time) and being that he is only 5, he still doesn't grasp the concept. Thank you all for your input. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote