Thread: down
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Vanessa

Hi Joy,

I was reading your post and kind of identified with how you are feeling. I am also Stage 4 with mets to the liver. At times, I become overwhelmed with sadness about possibly having to leave my daughters. I also now have 2 grandchildren coming in June and I wonder if I will be around long enough to get to know them. I mostly get scared at night after I turn out the lights. I think it is very common to feel very frightened of this disease and be afraid that we might run out of options. On the other hand, I don't know a lot about the numbers you quoted, but from what I have read there are still other treatment options out there. I just try to remember that are new treatments coming along and I also try to be optimistic about being the recipient of these new treatments.

I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas. I had a good Christmas with my family also and am looking forward to a better year. I was diagnosed in April of this year, had my surgery and chemo. I am continuing with the Herceptin.

I am hoping that your new year is great and that the Navelbine continues to work!! Best wishes.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote