View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
SusanV

Chelee,

I am sorry that you are going through all of this mess. I just wanted to add something that a breast surgeon that I went to for a second opinion early on told me. I was asking her about something on my pathology report, and she told me that you will notice the words "suspicious" when the doctor believes there is a problem. You will notice the word "probably" when they feel there isn't a reason to be concerned. The way she explained it to me was that they cannot say for a fact that all is well, UNLESS they do a biopsy to prove it one way or another. They are the generally accepted terms for charting. They also cover the butts of the person charting, who cannot determine for sure without a biopsy. At my last mamo & ultrasound a few weeks ago, they checked the box on my paper which reads "begnign appearing (not malignant)....just below that are the words "probably begnign", above "begnign appearing" is the box for "normal". Since we now have history with BC, I am guessing we will never get a check mark in the "normal" box.

Oh Chelee....I hope this helps. I am hoping that things are well for you. Let me know how you are making out.

Sending Love your Way,
ER/PR + (Highly Positive)
Her 2 +++
1.3 & 1.2 tumors right breast
node negative
lumpectomy 8-15-06
A/C Began 9-5-06 Finished A/C 11/6/06
Port Placement 9-15-06
Negative Test for BRAC1 & BRAC2 10-25-06
Began Tamoxofin November 21, 2006
First Herceptin November 27, 2006 Continues every 3 Weeks
First Radiation Treatment December 11, 2006