View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
gin-tx

Diagnosis and Status

Dear Kari,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with your request for info, between working part time and treatment there isn't a lot of time to spare. I hope this finds you doing well, you'll have to let me know your status also. I was originally diag with bc in Dec 1995. Nothing showed up until April 2006, had biopsy and dr thought it looked good. He called me 3 days later and said it was malignant but did not know how severe it was, did wider margins, one lymp gland positive, all other tissue was fine. During course of various tests something discovered on my spine in body scan, had MRI, it was malignant tumor pressing on spine, onc sent me to radiaiton oncologist who said treatment had to begin immediately, also had port installed, 18 radiation treatments with side effects to esyphogus, digestion, swallowing, etc. Still have a few of those, am taking Herceptin and Aridia every 3 weeks, holding my own, nothing new has showed up. I have to get CT end of Jan. See if lungs, liver and spine are still same status. Some days I feel real good, others not so hot, try to take each day as it comes.

Keep me informed of your status and where you are with treatment.

hugs,
ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote