View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
Bev

Port: With small and rolly, the nurses will prefer a port. They do light sedation. I woke up and asked if I could move my neck. They gave me more meds so I'd quit talking. The arm port sounds interesting. It sounds like it would be less visible during the summer months but I don't know if there are functional issues.

AC. Did Emend with no nauseua. You feel out of it and sleep lot's. Had metal flavored burps. As your concerns crop up, ask. Low WBC and RBC are likely to be issues. Tried nuelasta 1x. Cure was worse than the disease for me. Felt like I was being stretched. Onc only had me do it once. As time passed onc said your counts will go back up w/o the extra drugs. Overall I was able to function in a light duty way. Even had enjoyable times. Even laughed a lot. My side effects are loathing of food I ate while on AC, ie cranberry juice and frozen baked potatoes.

The hair thing, now is a good time to work on it. Very clever Laurie using your own hair. I had a love/hate with my wigs. My "wig" looked better than ever but had worries that it looked fake. I think it would be best to have it short while it's falling out. I guess you have to come up with your philosophy about bald, scarf, hat or wig.As I have always had long hair and chill easily, the hair loss bothered me. My hair is now full and curly, better than it has ever been in my life. But now I look at it and think it's not me. I'm still adjusting. I think eventually I'll lean to love it.

Won't even get to TH. Too far away. Do check the search bar at top of page. I'm betting Sue will sail thru most of this. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote