View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #6
KellyA

The chemo is cumulative, so I felt a little worse with each one. # 3 was the worst. Don't know why. Was not sick, just a little nauseated and very tired. AC to me was the worst.

I had 12 weekly Taxols with Herceptin. That wasn't bad at all until I got to the end and was VERY tired and a little achey. My hair actually started to come in thick during the Taxol, but I lost my eyebrows.

The biggest thing that I would say is take your meds BEFORE you are sick. That will head it off. It is very hard to get things under control once you are sick. The whole experience was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Drink lots of water, and oh yea- start with an over the counter stool softener and take it every day. The meds cause horrible constipation- my doc was insistent about me taking a softener.

All in all, things went very well. I went to the pool with my boys, was able to work through it- I just needed a little help around the house because I was so tired. Meals came regularly and that was huge.

It will be ok- you will surprise yourself with just how strong you are!

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote