View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Getting in MD Anderson Quickly & housing ?

I'm posting this trying to information for my husbands secretary. She is 26 year of age and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with glioblastoma, a very aggressive brain cancer. Her tumor was the size of a baseball. Against our advise, she chose to let the surgeons here locally operate on her, they didn't remove it all and still left quite a bit, they didn't want to paralize her or mess up her memory. They are still waiting for healing, to start her on radiation or chemo but told her frank out that it would be the cause of her death and she would be lucky to live 18 months, she's only 26. She now wants to get herself out to MD ANDERSON for treatment but has been given the date of DECEMBER 29. We were wondering if anyone here knows of a way to fast track this thing and would also have any information of housing or help with housing while in Houston. This young girl has good insurance but not a lot of extra cash. I just want to help her, to me it seems she needs someone to lead her in the right direction...any advise...and yes..please pray for her...sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote