View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #142
Vanessa

I was first diagnosed in April, 2006, had a partial masectomy on April 21, 2006. Before surgery I had a catscan that was considered good. After surgery had a petscan that showed metastasis to the liver, chest wall and lining of the stomach. I began weekly taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin on June 15, 2006. In August, I had an anaphalactic(sp?) reaction to the carboplatin and had to hospitalized overnight. The carboplatin was discontinued and I am now the proud owner of an epi-pen. Around September 14, 2006 I had a repeat petscan which was clear. My onc. was very excited, but wanted me to continue chemo for 2 more months and then have another scan. I had a repeat petscan and an MRI of the brain on around November 14, 2006 and they were both clear. My doctor allowed me to discontinue the taxotere. I will continue herceptin for at least the full 52 weeks, so until June or possibly longer. The doctor is excited that I am resonding well to the herceptin, but reminds me that there is no cure.

After the first petscan and I was told I am stage 4, the doctor told me I had about 2-3 years. When I had the 2nd petscan that was clear, she told me that those stats were pre-herceptin.

I am going to be a grandmother 2x in June and I am looking forward to that. This website has definately given me hope and I think having grandchildren in addition to my 2 daughters will also give me hope.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote