View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
Barb

Hi Vanessa
Good to hear from you. The PN is a real nuisance and I don't know if you can get weekly B12 vitamin injections recommended, it might just help alleviate the loss of feeling, it's hard to describe isn't it? I have it very badly in my toes and feet and lose my balance sometimes. I laugh at it now, what else can you do, but I get a sensation like there is something crawling on my leg, then sometimes I get prickling pains, as I said it's a real nuisance!! I'm learning more and more to cope with it, but I left it too late to hear about the B12 injections which might be worth a try. My fingers are numb but now much improved over time. The restless leg thingy, even now, I take a periodic dose of Zinc liquid which I found surprising to help (from a naturopath), but of course, you'd need to get that passed by onc. Here, they say it's OK to take it. Seems like you escaped the muscle wastage bit!! Didn't miss much!! I got so that I couldn't walk more than a few steps, everything became such an effort, but once I'd stopped it, did exercises including pool exercises, all is well again in that regard. I stopped Taxotere 2 years ago now, glad I had it and I feel sure it helped me get where I am now, but I hope I never need it again!!
The herceptin, because I'm stage 4 and HER2+, I can take it indefinitely here in Aust, well at least until they decide $$ is more important and they stop the funding, heaven forbid. However I've been asked if I'd consider coming off it. My family are not keen on that idea!
Must go
Barb
daisy10@westnet.com.au
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote