View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
Heart Sutra

Trying to keep Sue from doing too much is a lot like rounding up toddlers. It takes constant vigilance I think her recovery has a lot to do with her physical fitness. Of many things, she is also a personal trainer, and is in very good shape.
She feels really good. We're amazed that the surgery hasn't caused more pain, and I kind of feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. So far her main complaint is the gauze has made her skin sore under her arm. Her pain presciption was for 30 Vicoden, so we were kind of expecting some pretty significant discomfort. She took a half of one before bed-time at my suggestion (all right... pestering) despite having barely any pain.
She is a life-long migraine sufferer, maybe one really bad one every few months, and since the surgery on Tuesday she has had 2. She takes Immatrex shots for them and they vanish. It seems pretty clear now that the pain meds are triggering migraines, so it also seems pretty clear that I should take her word that she's not in pain and stop playing doctor. I meant well.
Her I.V. was infiltrated in the hospital, and the area is slightly red, and we're watching that closely.
We are hoping for a good pathology report, the initial operating room pathology showed clean nodes, and we pray that the pathologist was in perfect form that day. We should know soon.
I'm putting my stethescope down and picking up a spatula, french toast is this morning's request. I'm much better at playing cook than doctor anyway.

---Kevin and Sue---
Heart Sutra is offline   Reply With Quote