View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
Heart Sutra

Thank you for being here

Sometimes it does feel that way, we've been hit hard on all fronts too, lately it seems more than ever before.

This is when all the wonderful philosophy and intent in life is thrown right out for a few moments of crashing. That's ok, its normal, and maybe even necessary.

Whatever the trend, it is going to change. It is this way for this moment, but there is no reason to think it will last. I'm sorry you're getting hit right now, and I'm sorry that this adds doubt to the good news you've received.

You did receive good news. That was real. That's something to hold onto.
There is a lot of talk about "one day at a time" on this board... there's nothing wrong with an hour at a time, or 15 minutes, or even one minute.
Consider that during this minute, you're reading all these posts from people who obviously care about you, and at the same time they are being cared for by you by what you've written. This is the truth. That is pretty positive stuff. Also the type of stuff that is easy to miss when the sky is falling. Also corny sounding stuff that can be infuriating when you feel bad.

Thank you for reminding me of this.

my apologies in advance for sounding preachy... a really bad habit I can never quite shake Trust that I'm talking to myself as much as to you whenever I put my 2 cents in, as if I know what I'm talking about. You'll probably have the opportunity to throw it all right back at me at some point. Good luck with the oncologist appt. I'm sure you heard it right the first time.
----Kevin and Sue----
Heart Sutra is offline   Reply With Quote