View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
Stephanie B.

Smile New to the Board

I am new to this board but not to BC. I was diagnosed with Stage IIIA BC in December of 2004. I was scared to death. I had a 5 year old son and a four month old daughter who needed me. I underwent a lumpectomy, followed one week later with a mascectomy. I underwent chemo and radiation followed by 6 months of Herceptin. My first PET scan in Jan of 2005 showed some small spots on my liver that went away with chemo. My doctor followed up with a scan every 6 months. After I finished my Herceptin in April my doctor put me on Tamoxifen. Everything was going great until my last scan in October - the spots on my liver were back. My doctor followed up with a blood test and my tumor markers were up to 88. Now for the GREAT NEWS! My doctor took me off of Tamoxifen and restarted Herceptin weekly for four weeks. I just got my last blood test results and my tumor markers dropped to 52.7. My doctor is going to continue the Herceptin for another month and do another scan and blood test. If everything keeps going well I can stay on the Herceptin for a while and not have to repeat the chemo,

HERCEPTIN REALLY WORKS!!!!!
Stephanie B. is offline   Reply With Quote