View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #11
Mary Anne in TX

Isn't it strange!!!!

When I first got diagnosed, I called the one friend I thought would be the very best to encourage me and direct me towards the first step! Her advice was to pray (I'd been doing that nonstop!) and do alternative treatment! The second person I contacted advised me to go to Mexico immediately for treatment at a place where her husband was receiving treatment for cancer. No other place should even be considered!

I sat on all that for a few days and then called the 3rd (& I promised myself the last) friend! She not only cheered me on, but she called and paved the way for my consultation with the person who was to become my onc. and the coordinator of my treatment in San Antonio!

I continue to be amazed by comments and "directions" from "well wishers", but I try to remind myself that the intent is good, the form it takes is just skewed! I get hurt, mad, or depressed for a bit and then give my foggy brain time to kick in! I must admit that I am still taking "logs out of my eye" from my ill-advising past! I think we just do the best we can with who we are at the moment!

Your response was just great!

God bless and keep on smiling.

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote