View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
sassy

Kim, I'm sorry you have been challenged so, when life is challenging on its own right now.

I think a part of Faith is recognizing God in the many ways he presents himself to us. I too was dx just prior to herceptin being available and stepped right into Taxol/Herceptin after finishing A/C. Long story short, God was guiding me thru every step and decision that led me to herceptin, because I didn't start out on that path.

I am reminded of the story of the man in the flood. A huge flood was predicted and a man stood on his porch watching as the waters rose. His neighbors came by and called for him to come escape the waters with them, but he replied,"No, God will take care of me."

The waters continued to rise and the man climbed to the second story of his home. A rescue team in a boat came by and called for him to escape in the boat, but he replied, "No, God will take care of me."

The waters rose even more and the man climbed to the roof of his home. A helicopter hovered overhead, calling to the man that they were there to rescue him, but the man once again replied, "No, God will take care of me."

The waters rose and the man eventually drowned. As he reached the pearly gates, God was waiting for him. The man said to God, "God, I thought you would take care of me!" To which God replied, "I sent your neighbors, a boat and a team in a helicopter! What more do you expect of me?"

Faith carries responsibility, not passive acceptance of any situation. God gives us brains, and the free will to chose. I feel he expects us to use our knowledge and the knowledge of others to address whatever situation we find ourselves in, including medical situations. Faith includes realizing and using our talents and the talents of others for the betterment of all.

Stand firm in your Faith Kim. One who has not been challenged as we have may not have had the opportunity to explore the depths of their Faith and their relationship with God. Follow the avenues that are made available to you for your physical and mental health.

My prayer for all, every day, is that we SEE the opportunities that God gives to us each day---and that we use those opportunities to benefit others and ourselves. God does not give us opportunities to be wasted, but for our benefit and the benefit of others.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." --Jeremiah 29:11-13

The future here.....and hereafter.
________
Ocean View Condo

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:58 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote